PROTECTION AGAINST THE KHAPRA BEETLE
URGENT MEASURES EFFECTIVE 12 APRIL 2021
DAWE has implemented a phased approach and associated conditions to manage the Khapra Beetle from entering Australia.
- 40 Countries have been identified as high risk – Subcontinent, North Africa, Europe (selected countries) High risk countries list.
- High risk goods, Plant products – rice, chickpeas, lentils, peanuts, seeds etc. High risk plant products lists and Tariff item codes.
High risk plant products from high risks countries on and from 12 April 2021 must comply with the following measures:
- FCL / FCX containers PRIOR to loading must be treated off shore with approved treatment provider
- Three treatment options available – heat treatment, Methyl bromide fumigation & insecticide spray
- High risk containers NOT treated off shore will be re-exported
DAWE will be releasing approved treatment providers shortly.