BMSB 2021/2022 Latest Update
With the new Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) Season upon us 1st September 2021 we need to be aware of new target risk countries and the applicable measures.
New Target Risk Countries:
- Poland has been added as a target risk country
- Belarus, Malta, Sweden, United Kingdom and Chile are considered emerging risk countries.
2021-2022 BMSB risk season measures:
- Certain goods manufactured in, or shipped from target risk countries, and/or vessels that berth at, load or tranship from target risk countries
- Measures apply to goods that have been shipped between 1 September 2021 – 30 April 2022 (inclusive)
- Target high risk goods shipped between 1 September 2021-30 April 2022 (inclusive) require mandatory treatment
Limited BMSB verification regime across Air Cargo:
- Air cargo arriving between 1September and 30 November 2021 (inclusive) from USA & Italy containing target high risk chapters 84,85,86 & 87 will be randomly inspected for verification.
- This regime is still in the process of being finilised while also taking into account the impact of COVID-19 across Australia.